Why Did Tony Stark Have to Use the Infinity Stones?
In “Avengers: Endgame,” Tony Stark (Iron Man) used the Infinity Stones as part of the plan to defeat Thanos and his army. This decision was made for several reasons:
- Desperation: The Avengers were facing a seemingly unbeatable foe in Thanos, who had the Infinity Gauntlet and had already used it to devastating effect. With the fate of the entire universe hanging in the balance, the Avengers had no other viable option but to try to take the Gauntlet from Thanos and use it themselves to undo his actions.
- Tony’s Sacrifice: Tony Stark’s decision to use the Infinity Stones was a moment of self-sacrifice. He understood that using the Stones would have a severe toll on his body, and he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the universe. This was a culmination of Tony’s character arc throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe, where he had evolved from a self-centered genius to a hero willing to give his life for the greater good.
- The Only Chance: The Avengers believed that using the Infinity Stones was their only chance to undo the Snap and restore the billions of lives lost. They had tried other plans and failed, so using the Stones was seen as the last resort.
- Tony’s Genius: Tony Stark was one of the smartest individuals in the MCU, and he was able to build a specialized suit, the Nano Gauntlet, to harness the power of the Stones safely. He had the technical know-how to make it work, at least temporarily.
Ultimately, Tony Stark’s use of the Infinity Stones led to the defeat of Thanos and the restoration of those who had been dusted by the Snap. However, it came at a great personal cost, as it proved fatal for Tony, leading to his death in the film. His sacrifice was a pivotal moment in the MCU and served as a fitting conclusion to his character’s journey.
Here’s more information about this awesome defining moment, and about why did Tony Stark have to use the infinity stones?
- The Battle of Earth: The climax of the movie occurs during the Battle of Earth, where the Avengers, along with other heroes from across the universe, face off against Thanos and his army. Despite their valiant efforts, the Avengers are struggling to defeat Thanos, who has the Infinity Gauntlet once again. The situation looks dire, and it becomes clear that the only way to stop him is to get the Gauntlet away from him.
- The Gauntlet Pass: During the battle, several characters attempt to get the Gauntlet away from Thanos, including Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and others. There’s a tense moment when Peter Parker (Spider-Man) takes possession of the Gauntlet and tries to make his way to the Quantum Tunnel van, which is the plan’s focal point. He receives assistance from various heroes, including Valkyrie on her winged horse, but it’s a challenging journey.
- Tony’s Decision: In the midst of the chaos, Tony Stark notices that the situation is becoming increasingly desperate. He discusses the idea of using the Infinity Stones with Doctor Strange, who previously viewed millions of possible outcomes and had only seen one where they succeed. Stark realizes that this is their one chance to win, but using the Stones comes at a great personal cost.
- Tony’s Sacrifice: With a momentary distraction, Tony manages to get close to Thanos and uses his Mark 85 Iron Man suit to take the Stones from Thanos’ Gauntlet. He integrates them into his own suit, creating the Nano Gauntlet. As he activates the Stones, a tremendous surge of power courses through him, causing immense strain and injury. However, he doesn’t hesitate and snaps his fingers, using the Stones to dust Thanos and his army and to reverse the effects of the Snap.
- The Aftermath: After using the Stones, Tony is severely weakened and gravely injured. He collapses to the ground, and it’s clear that the immense power of the Stones has taken a toll on his body. He has a heartfelt farewell moment with Pepper Potts, and it becomes evident that he won’t survive his injuries.
- Tony’s Funeral: The film concludes with a touching funeral scene for Tony Stark, attended by many of the characters from the MCU. This scene serves as a tribute to his character and the significant sacrifice he made to save the universe.
These scenes are pivotal moments in “Avengers: Endgame” that highlight Tony Stark’s transformation from a self-absorbed genius to a selfless hero willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good of the universe. His use of the Infinity Stones and the subsequent consequences are emotional and resonate deeply with the audience, making it a defining moment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Disclaimer: The opinions and documentation contained within this article and on this blog are the sole property of spideyvsmonsterock.com and are not to be copyrighted or reproduced in any manner, else legal action within the rights of the United States legal code could be use to obtain recompense. All articles and blog posts are the sole opinions of the writers of the blog, and are not necessarily in line with what exactly will work for you, you should consult a CPA, Tax Professional, or Financial Professional to determine what exact financial needs are in line with your interests. Also, from time to time, certain links on this website will be used to generate affiliate commissions, in order to support the health and growth of our website, health and business.